Thursday

Travel with Style: Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa with the Editor


I recently attended a media press trip at the Rancho Valencia resort alongside "Ralph Lauren" magazine, Track & Feel, Giuliana Rancic’s "Fab Fit Fun" and Pure Wow to name a few. Needless to say, we were showed an amazing time at this five-diamond resort. From the moment I arrived, I literally felt as if all of my problems drifted away and were left outside the gates. When your heart is broken, there is nothing quite like slipping on ultra-fabulous outfits and drinking delicious champagne at a destination resort. Plus, when you need time to reflect and recenter yourself, yoga classes and the lush grounds of the Rancho Valencia are quite simply what the doctor ordered! 

Editor highlights? 
My villa was literally larger than my Los Angeles apartment and came complete with a private jacuzzi and outside fireplace. The walk-in closet was simply fabulous too-don't worry, you'll get an inside look with my upcoming shopping guide...

Croquet. 
I lost. Obviously. 
Sips.
Nothing like a little opulence and luxury in the Pony Room. Bubbles, please.

Dress the part for happy hour with my picks available at local San Diego boutiques. My faves? Seka boutique in Cardiff by the Sea and Cedros Soles on Cedros Avenue. Plus, Designer Vault has the very best selection of vintage Chanel. I'll give you the lowdown on my picks shortly.  

Night Cap.

Night cap by the fire with the Rancho Valencia's delicious take on fire-side smores and candied apples. I’m having a craving just talking about it.

My favorite spot? 
Hands down, the Wine Cave. 

Fitness.

I scored a private training session with top trainer, Sean Piazza, the Fitness Director. Ladies, he’s major eye candy. So, let me tell you, when you feel like you just can’t complete another set of lunges, you will push yourself extra hard not to disappoint him. P.S. if you are a San Diego local, you can become a fitness member and have access to all of the offered classes (spin, yoga, Pilates, ballet sculpt and private personal training sessions). Extra perk? Each class ends with a mini fresh-pressed juice. 

I know.  


Plus, you have to check out the tennis courts. I was lucky enough to practice with champion, Robin White. The resort’s Tennis Director. But let’s be real, I packed ten pairs of shoes yet somehow forgot to pack tennis shoes. Bravo, Nacole. Bravo. That means I burned my calories barefoot…well, I wore bath slippers to the tennis courts. True story. 

Spa

Pamper yourself with an outside soak followed by a deep tissue massage. It was not a bad way to spend an afternoon at the resort. Not a bad way at all.

Tequila Tasting.
The Rancho Valencia is also known for their extensive tequila list and offers tequila tasting. Such a fun concept. One tequila, two tequila, three…I lost count. Oh and there are chips and salsa. You had me at salsa.

Conclusion? 
I was spoiled. 

Did I feel like a princess in a storybook fairy tale? 
Yes. 

Do I want to move in? 
Yes. 

So, Rancho Valencia, is there an option for that? 

Thank you for an unforgettable stay. I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment